Many a times when you are in a shoe store you step on to a particular device to see the size of your feet,if some body asks you what's that device called?
Many a times to make people silent we use a sign of using your finger to place in the groove located just below the nose and above the middle of the lips.What's it called?
Never thought of the small things matters sometimes and this time would be the good chance of knowing this stuff for a moment :
Find below 25 such interesting everyday things you never knew had names.
- The dot over an ‘i’ or ‘j.’
- The white, crescent shaped part at the top of a nail.
3. Crepuscular Rays- Rays of sunlight coming from a certain point in the sky. Also known as “God’s rays.”4. Ferrule-The metal part on a pencil.5. Gynecomastia- Man-boobs.6. Muntin- The strip separating window panes.7. Morton’s Toe- When your second toe is bigger than your big toe.8. Arms Akimbo- Exactly what it looks like. Hands on your hips.9. Desire Path- A path created by natural means, simply because it is the “shortest or most easily navigated” way.
10. Semantic Satiation- What happens when you say a word for so long that it loses its meaning. Limit limit limit limit limit limit limit limit limit.
11. Skeuomorph- “A design feature copied from a similar artifact in another material, even when not functionally necessary.” For example, rivets on jeans, copper color on pennies, the shutter sound on a digital camera, and the pointless handle above.
12. Brannock Device
- What is used to measure your feet at the shoe store.
13. Paresthesia- The pins and needles feeling you get when part of your body falls asleep. Bonus! This is known as obdormition.
14. Phosphenes- The lights you see when you close your eyes and press your hands to them.
15. Armscye- The armhole in most clothing.
16. Wamble- Stomach rumble.
17. Feat- A dangling piece of curly hair.
18. Peen- The side opposite the hammer’s striking side.
19. Rectal Tenesmus- The feeling of incomplete defecation. We’ve all been there.20. Dysania
- The state of finding it hard to get out of the bed in the morning.
21. Mondegreen- Misheard lyrics.
22. Petrichor- The it smells outside after rain.
23. Philtrum- The groove located just below the nose and above the middle of the lips.
24. Purlicue- The space between the thumb and the forefingers.
25. Aglet- The plastic coating on a shoelace.